Termns and Conditions
Last Modified: 6-Jul-202 1
In order to specify the terms and denominations contained in the following document, they are indicated verbatim, as well as their abbreviated mention, which will be read henceforth throughout the contract signed in the manner indicated below:
• APP. It is the application that provides a communication platform that provides information in order to contract medical services.
• DOC. It is the name and registered trademark in which the App offering the service is called.
• VMI: VIRTUAL MEDICAL INTERNATIONAL (VMI) LLC, IS THE COMPANY THAT LEGALLY SUPPORTS THE COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY OF THE SERVICE OFFERED BY DOC.
• THE PROFESSIONAL: is the professional in the health area who will provide the consultation service to THE USER.
• THE USER, person who proceeds to request a service with THE specific PROFESSIONAL through the APP.
• THE CONSULTATION: professional consultation that THE PROFESSIONAL carries out with THE USER
• PAYMENT GATEWAY: External company that provides the service of means of payment by credit / debit card, to Virtual Medical International (VMI) LLC.
• SERVICES: Our mobile applications, services, features, software or website referred to as DOCs.
• PPD: Data Privacy Policies detailedin this document.
• Ts&Cs: Published and current VMI Terms and Conditions.
Information We Collect
VMI receives or collects information when we operate and provide our SERVICES.
Information that THE USER provides
• Your Account Information. THE USER provides us with personal, banking and medical information and confirms that he is authorized to provide us with such information. You can also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, profile picture, and pictures.
• Your messages. For the purpose of providing our services, we retain messages in the ordinary course of providing our SERVICES. Once the messages (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files and share location information) are delivered, they are archived for the purpose of being consulted by THE PROFESSIONAL, the USER or the REPRESENTATIVE later.
• Attention to THE USER. YOU may provide us with information related to your use of our SERVICES, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so that we can provide you with due attention.
• Information about your health: THE USER through his registration in DOC provides useful information for THE PROFESSIONAL. Each time THE USER has a query through DOC expressly authorizes DOC to share that information with the professional who attends him.
Information Collected Automatically
• Usage and Registration Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our SERVICES, how you interact with others through our SERVICES, and the like), log and diagnostic files, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
• Transactional information. VMI may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts.
• Device and connection information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our SERVICES. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, geolocation, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number and device identifiers.
• Heatmap: We use pieces of software to analyze the behavior of different users within our SERVICES.
How We Use Information
We use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support and market our SERVICES.
• Safety. We verify accounts, activity, and promote security on and off our SERVICES, for example, investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Ts&Cs, and to ensure that our SERVICES are used lawfully.
• No third-party banner ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on DOC. We do not intend to submit them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
Information that THE USER and we share
• Account Information: Personal and medical information, profile name and photo, of THE USER may be available to anyone that THE USER authorizes. Communicating with a professional of choice for a business, legal, or health consultation authorizes VMI to disclose the information to that professional.
• Information of products or services recommended by THE PROFESSIONAL: VMI may share the information of the products or services recommended by THE PROFESSIONAL to THE USER to the extent that it removes personal references that allow to identify the sender or receiver of the information (anonymize the information). DOC may use this information for statistical and commercial purposes and share it with third parties if it so wishes.
Assignment, change of control and transfer
Managing Your Information
If you wish to manage, change, limit or delete your information, we allow you to do so through the following tools:
• You can change your profile picture at any time or update your personal and medical information.
• Deletion of the DOC account of THE USER. THE USER candelete their DOC account at any time (including if they wish to revoke their consent to the use of our information) using our delete my account function in the application. When THE USER deletes his DOC account, the information shared by him remains. THE USER should note that if you only delete our SERVICES from your device without using our account deletion feature in the application, your information may be stored with us for a longer period. Remember that when you delete the account, the information that other users have related to THE USER is not affected.
Law and Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulation, legal process, or governmental requests; (b) enforce our Ts&Cs and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activities, security or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, VMI, or others.
• provide web and desktop DOC and other web-based services, improve your experiences, understand how our SERVICES are used, and personalize our SERVICES;
• to understand which of our FAQs are most popular and show you relevant content related to our SERVICES;
• to remember your choices, such as your language preferences, and otherwise to personalize our SERVICES for YOU; And
• to rank FAQs on our website based on popularity, understand mobile versus desktop users of our web-based SERVICES, or understand the popularity and effectiveness of some of our web pages.
How to control cookies
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under "Settings" or "Preferences") to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, some of our SERVICES may not function properly.
Our Global Operations
Updates to our policy